Image Map

Monday, March 12, 2012

China Glaze Hunger Games Collection

I don't know about you, but I am SO excited to see The Hunger Games. It opens in less than 2 weeks, yeah! I've never really jumped on any of the huge-following movies (like Twilight, Harry Potter, etc.) but The Hunger Games, I am a BIG fan! So as soon as China Glaze's Hunger Games collection came out, I had to see it. The colors are not what I would normally gravitate to in the Spring, to me they are more Fall colors. That being said, I did pick up 6 of the 12 colors in the collection. I picked up Fast Track, Foie Gras, Agro, Harvest Moon, Smoke and Ashes, and Luxe and Lush.

L to R: Luxe and Lush, Foie Gras, Harvest Moon, Agro, Fast Track, Smoke and Ashes


So this is Foie Gras. A great dark brownish taupe color. I think it is showing up just a little more purple than it really is. In person it looks a bit more brown. It is a super opaque polish that almost doesn't need two coats. It goes on so smooth and evenly. It is a pretty color too.


Here is Fast Track with Luxe and Lush on top. Fast track is a goldish tan polish with tiny gold sparkle/shimmer. Once on your nails the gold sparkle really shines through and becomes what you see most. I wasn't blown away by this color, but it is a fun neutral color.


This terrible picture is Agro. I was really surprised by how much I loved this color. It is extremely shiny green polish with lots of shimmer. The next picture with Luxe and Lush on top does a better job of showing its true color. It was nice a thick and barely needed two coats. Love this!


Luxe and Lush is not my favorite of the bunch. I have been wanting to try a flakie glitter for a while, so I was excited to get this one. It is just so thick and goopy that it is hard to put on. It also doesn't deposit much of the glitter on my nails. Probably won't be using this one much.


So this is Harvest Moon. It is a shiny copper color. To me it looks just like a shiny new penny and just screams Fall. It will be the perfect nail polish in November.


The last one I got from the collection is Smoke and Ashes. LOVE THIS POLISH!!! The picture just doesn't do it justice. I've looked around online and can't find a picture that really does do it justice. It is a blackish blue polish with green shimmer, but it reads black unless you look closer. The green shimmer is great. So for me this is the real winner from the collection.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the colors I chose. The one exception being the Luxe and Lush glitter. That was a fail, but you win some and lose some. Like I said, Smoke and Ashes is my favorite. Runner up is Agro. I'm trying to decide which one I'll wear to the movie later this month. Oh, and Brittany has Riveting (the bright fiery orange from the collection), so I'll make her post a pic or something once she's sporting that one.

Let me know if you've picked any up and what you think of them. And please, click the link to the right to follow our blog and please go subscribe to our YouTube channel. I know we are a little slow getting started but trust me, we are so excited and ready to get this thing going! Join us for the ride, will ya?

1 comment:

please be kind :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...